Tuesday 3 July 2007

3rd July 2007 Day 41



I can’t believe its July already, where is the year going, and still no sign of a summer!!

Had quite a good weekend, we took Barney swimming again (he goes every other week), and he’s also lost weight and is now in his ideal weight range (hopefully I will be too soon). I did my David Bailey impression and took some more up to date pictures of him swimming this time.

We didn’t really do much this weekend though. The vegetable/ herb garden was ready for planting, so I was marking out squares for the seeds and planting them. I don’t think they’ll come up as I’m so late, although my purple sprouting broccoli should hopefully, as that comes up in early spring. I think though, the bed will be more of a herb garden, as it’s really too small for vegetables, I’ll just have to grow these in pots instead.

I haven’t been trying on any of my smaller clothes yet, but this weekend I did try my wellie boots on, which I got for Christmas last year. They are lovely, different colour blues in a swirly pattern. When I got them my calf’s were too big and I couldn’t put them on properly. Anyway, when I tried them on, I could put them on OK, well, they were a bit tight round the calf, but I could get them on!!! I’ll be wearing them soon, so I can go walking up on the hills with Allan.

Food wise was OK; I didn’t have any temptations thrown at me and am still plodding on with the 4 food packs a day. I have however made crisps for the first time. These are great and I have them with a savoury food drink. I haven’t been that experimental with the food packs in case I don’t like them or it doesn’t work, then I’ve wasted a pack. I nearly had a disaster with the biscuits that are made from the bars yesterday. I put cut up sections in the microwave & put them on for 40 seconds (which in the past has been fine). Well, I didn’t keep an eye on them this time and when I got back to it with about 3 seconds to spare, there was an awful burning smell & smoke when I opened the door. Luckily only one of the biscuits had burnt and was totally inedible; the other one had just started to turn brown, but actually tasted OK. For the other two pieces, I only put them on for 30 seconds and kept an eye on them this time, I’ve learnt my lesson.

Last night Mum & I went out for our walk; it was a great evening, although there were black clouds all around. We even went up a steep hill, which I managed OK, but I did get out of breath & had to stop talking near the top, but it felt great when we got there. We were out for at least an hour and it only started to rain when we were nearly home.

This week I seem to have struggled with the water. I normally try to have 5 litres on week days and my 4 litres at a weekend, but the most I’ve had this week is 4.5 litres. Saturday, I only had 3.5ltrs as we went to see Shrek 3 at the cinema and I didn’t want to be running to the loo every half-hour, so I cut back before we went and then tried to it make up afterwards, which I couldn’t. Oh well, it’ll be interesting to see how the water will affect my weight loss this week at weigh-in and it might spur me on and keep me drinking………

No comments: