Thursday 19 July 2007

19th July 2007 – Day 57 – 8th Weigh-In


Had a slight disaster yesterday lunch time, I go home for lunch and I’d just made up my strawberry milkshake, poured it into the glass, and then promptly knocked it over. Glass smashed, milkshake everywhere!! I could only salvage a tiny bit that was left over in the bottom of the glass, so poured this into a second glass and drank that, then set about clearing up the kitchen and making sure no glass was about as I didn’t want my cat Harry treading on it. He gets into the wars enough by himself, without a helping hand from me!! So only had a savoury drink when I got back to work as I wanted to save my last two packs for this evening.

I bought some scales when I was in Lloyds Pharmacy having my monthly blood pressure check. They’re the all singing & dancing ones that does your BMI/ Body Fat as well as your weight. I was planning to buy some, but not yet, I was going to wait until I got nearer to management. But these were such a bargain, they were £50, but Lloyds were having a sale on their electronic equipment and they’d reduced it to £14.99. I couldn’t miss a bargain like that so I got them and for some reason, when I paid, they gave me another 10% discount so only got them for £13.49!!!! I’m still not going to use them as I’m quite happy with getting weighed every week at class, so I’m taking them to my Mum’s so she can play with them for a while.

My blood pressure is also back to normal, it was 107/82 – I think this is normal. While I was in the pharmacy I had a look at their weight chart and I’ve now moved from Morbidly Obese to Obese……YAY!!

Anyway, onto the weigh loss, I lost 3.30lbs (total 36.96lbs) and I’m now 14stone 13lbs, so I’ve moved into the 14stone bracket and lost in total just over 2 ½ stone, so another YAY!!!

It was a really good class last night as everyone seemed to lose well. One lady has also said that she’s going to bring in her size 18 clothes for me as she’s shrunk into size 16. This will be great, as she’s the same height as me and it will save me having to buy something, which I really don’t want to do yet.

I also had my second measure last night too and in total, since I started, have lost: -

4½” from my chest
4¾” from my waist
5” from my hips

23rd May 2007
Chest: 51 ½”
Waist: 43 ¾”
Hips: 53 ¼”

20th June 2007
Chest: 48”
Waist: 40 ½”
Hips: 50 ½”

18th July 2007
Chest: 47”
Waist: 39”
Hips: 48”

It got me thinking though, have I gone down a size too. I hadn’t really tried on any trousers, buy I’ve tried on some skirts, which were elasticated and a size 16, which fitted but these were flared skirts, not tight ones and my stomach bulged out too much, so a bit more work needed for these.

Anyway, when I got home I decided to have a look through my wardrobe for trousers and found a pair of jeans (only Asda’s £3.00 variety), which still had the label on and gave them a go. I thought they were going to be too tight, especially on the legs as my legs have always been really big; also the zip was really stiff. Anyway, I gave them a go, and guess what, they fitted, so a bit more jumping around was done by me, still in my jeans and the legs were perfect.

I then decided to find something else to try, to see if this was a fluke and found couple of pairs of cotton trousers, which I’d forgotten I’d had. I looked at the label, size 18. I did hum & ha a bit, but thought what the hell, let’s give them a go. Tried the first pair on and these were a bit tight round the bum and stomach, but they were on. I wasn’t going to try the other pair on as these were exactly the same as the other pair, just a slightly different material, but I did anyway and these fitted perfectly, no tightness round the bum or stomach at all. I was absolutely ecstatic and decided to wear them for work the next day, which I am.

So, onwards & downwards for me, with lots more walking. Mum & I went for another walk last night, not quite as long as the previous ones as we kept meeting people to chat to and I had to get back to have my soup before class, but it was an extra walk. Tonight I’m off out walking with my friend again; it’s definitely doing me some good.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Well done, size 18 now, wont be long before it is size 16. Keep up the good work.

Enjoy your walk tonight. Looking forward to our next walk, maybe next week.

Dont forget, posh nosh for the concert on Saturday

Love Mum
xxxxxxx

Amanda said...

Thanks Mum,

Yes, posh lighter life nosh for Saturday, serviette and all, and I'll be having a wine glass for my sparkling water!!! I'll be so posh.....

Love Amanda
xxxxxx

Lesley said...

Reading your posts just takes me back - the trying on new gear and being shocked when it fits. It's wonderful. I'm so pleased for you. You're puttin gin the hard work and reapinghte rewards. It won;t just be size 16, there'll be 14's and maybe even 12's to follow.

Keep it up and well done!!!

Lesley x