Wednesday 18 July 2007

18th July 2007 – Day 56

I actually cooked last night, well to say I say cook is stretching it a bit, more like putting the food in the oven and dishing it up, so not proper, following a recipe cooking, but it’s the closest I’ve come to it since I started LL. This was because Allan was staying over and he bought the food as I have absolutely nothing in the house.

I was very good though, because when I was dishing up, I’d normally have been eating bits without even thinking about it. I came close last night, but I stopped myself, so my abstinence virtue is still intact.

I’ve noticed something last week, I actually ran up the stairs at work and I wasn’t even out of breath!! OK, it’s not a huge flight of stairs, but before I started LL I actually started to get out of breath just walking up them. I didn’t consciously decide to run up them, I think because I was so busy last week, I just did it. It was only when I got to the top that I stopped and thought ‘I’ve just run…..wow!’ So now I try to run up them a couple of times a day.

I must also get my trousers taken in as they are so baggy round my waist. I have to pull the belt quite tight, which ruches up round the back, not a good look, but I’m still wearing my large sized t-shirts, so it’s hidden. This is great though as these trousers were tight last month. I still haven’t tried any trousers on in a smaller size, so I think I’m going to have a look through my wardrobe later on and see if I can find some to try. I must have some somewhere, as I seem to have all sorts of different sizes in there. If not, I’ll have to go to a shop just to try on smaller clothes. Although I won’t be buying any as I’ve decided not to buy until I really, really need to, or I’ve run out of smaller clothes that I already have

I had my second blood pressure test last night and it was down to normal, which is fabulous. It’s also weigh-in tonight and it’s a month since my last measure so will be having that done as well, hopefully I have, fingers crossed.

Mum & I are off out for another walk this evening straight from work, hopefully burn off a few more calories before weigh-in and hopefully I’ll have reached the 2.5stone loss. I shall let you know tomorrow.

1 comment:

Lesley said...

great news - I can see that you're at that lovely stage where you can really see concrete changes. Appreciate every one as they'll sustain you to stick to the diet.

It's brilliant - you're doing really well.

Lesley x