Sunday 8 July 2007

8th July 2007 - Day 46 ii


Just come back from a lovely walk. We went up to Barbury Castle, which is just outside Chiseldon, nr. Swindon (Allan lives in Chiseldon & I come here down here every weekend). Barbury Castle is an ancient hill fort, with fantastic views over the countryside as it's so high up. We used to go up there to fly our kites and there are often lots of kite flyers up there - only two up there today.

We took Barney with us, but because he has dicky elbows, he can't walk too far, so we walked slowly up to the castle part, with him stopping to sniff every two seconds and when we got to the castle I left Allan & Barney, whilst I power-walked round the top.
It is so amazing up there as it's just so quiet with the sun shining, which it hasn't done for weeks now and the wind blowing, but not so hard that it makes you cold.
I wanted to take my camera with me so I could take some pictures to put on here, but I rushed out of the house and left it on the side. The picture that I've put on today was taken earlier in the year, which is of Barney up one of the mounds that make up the hill fort.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi,

Glad you enjoyed the walk the exercise and fresh air will really do you good, shame Barney cant walk as well.

The photo of Barney looks good he really look heathly and:

the photos of you look amazing, you can really see the difference. Keep up the good work.

love Mum
xxxxxxx

Amanda said...

Thanks Mum.

I couldn't really see that much difference myself, but then I read Lesley's comments about how my arms hang differently and I've been going back & forwards over my original pics and I can see the difference now.

I'm glad you can see the difference as well. Thanks Mum,

Love Amanda
xxxxxxxxx