Friday 6 July 2007

6th July 2007 Day 44

My friend & I went to our pamper evening last night. It was run by Virgin Vie and was such good fun, we'll certainly be going again if they do another one. They had all sorts of mini treatment session, like reflexology, mini makeovers, massages, hand peel/exfoliating thing etc.

I had an Indian head massage, which was just fabulous and so relaxing, then I had a mini manicure, but as each person was over running, I missed out on one other treatment, but I didn't mind as it was such a good evening. It was certainly a good way to treat myself on reaching my 2 stone loss.

I met my friend over her house before we went out, armed with my mixer & food pack, so I could have my soup before we left. I also took one of the bars with me, so if I get a bit peckish I could snack on that. Anyway, the evening went by so fast, I completely forgot about my bar and only when I got home around 10.30pm did I remember it. I really didn't feel like eating it, but I had it anyway.

My friend also gave me a pair of castanets, as her & her husband had just come back from Barcelona to celebrate their first wedding anniversary (I was their bridesmaid). That's a point, I'll have to try my bridesmaid dress on and see if it's too big for me. It's such a beautiful dress, when I've lost my weight, I'll have to try and get it altered professionally so I could wear it again. I'll have to get Allan to take me out to a posh do or something. Anyway, she said she could quite see me dancing round the living room, clicking the castanets and it'd be good exercise for me. Unfortunately, we couldn't quite get the hang of them, so a lot more practice is needed!! Think I'll Google 'how to play castanets', there must be something on the web about it.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad you enjoyed your pamper evening, what a good way to treat yourself for your two stone loss. You will have to think of something for your 3 stone loss. I am sure that it will not be too long before that happens.

Looks like another M & S voucher coming up.

Do want me to give them to you or keep them with the ones from Allans Mum.

love Mum
xxxxxxxx

Amanda said...

Hi Mum,

I hope it won't be long before I get to the 3 stone loss, will have to up the walking I think.

No, you keep the vouchers, so I can't spend them till I've lost the weight.

Thanks Mum,

Love Amanda
xxxxxxxxx

Lesley said...

What a great idea to get vouchers as a reward and not be able to spend them until you're a skinny minny!

I like the idea of your pamper session although I now have a mental picture of you all being massaged wearing nappies!!

Keep it up you Abstinent Goddess you!

Lesley x