Tuesday 31 July 2007

31st July 2007 – Day 69

Barney & me



The view above are the views from the top of
Barbury Castle (an ancient hill fort)

These are the inner circle mounds which you walk round,
There is an outer circle which isn't quite as high


Some friendly sheep


Allan with Barney making his way down to me


Barney worn out after his walk......

Sunday, Allan & I went up to Barbury Castle for our walk round and the pictures above are from there. It was a beautiful day, very rare for this time of year at the moment, but hopefully there’ll be more to come. I didn’t quite get to power walking round the top of the castle as I kept stopping to take the photos, but I didn’t mind as I had done my extra walking in the morning along with a little jogging.

I’ve at last started to sort through my clothes and can’t believe how much stuff I have. I got used to wearing just t-shirts and jeans (I work in a university, so dress code is very casual) and not looking at what other stuff I had. Although admittedly, I haven’t been able to fit into the smaller sized clothes for so long so hadn’t bothered looking for anything other than my normal t-shirts & jeans.

So last night I set about going through my t-shirt drawers and putting into piles my size 20, 18 & 16. Yes, I actually found size 16, I’d completely forgotten I had this size & I now have one and a half drawers full of size 18 and half a drawer of my size 16’s.

My size 20 t-shirts I’ve put to one side and I’m taking them to my friend for her to have a sort through to see if she wants any and the rest I’ll be taken to the charity shop. I can’t take them to my class as the other ladies are a smaller size than me, although I may ask my LLC to see if any other groups would like them.

I have kept a pair of jeans & a skirt to keep for when I’m at my goal so I can see just how big I got (must remember to keep a t-shirt too). I know that may sound strange, as I know I got huge, but when I’m slim I don’t want to forget it and hopefully not slip back into old habits.

Last night my friend and I went walking and I actually wore shorts, yes, I got my embarrassingly white legs out, but I didn’t care. Through my sort out of clothes, I found a pair of trousers (the type where you unzip the legs and they turn into shorts), which again, I’d never worn, and decided that I was going to wear them, because the rate I’m going they’ll be too big for me soon.

We walked round Ruislip Lido, which has a path to follow round, it was so lovely and I wish I’d taken my camera, next time we do this walk I will. It looked a huge walk round the lake when we first got there, but we kept up with the power walking and it only took us half an hour and it was a bit more up and down (not a flat walk), so we then decided to make our way back to her house whilst doing some of our normal walking route, so in total, we were out for an hour.

My feet are getting slimmer as I even contemplated wearing my high-heeled wedge sandals to work, but for chickened out. For some reason I thought this was just too much of a change as I normally wear flat trainers or sandals. I’ve never worn heels at work before, well not where I’m working at the moment, but quite a few years ago I used to wear them. I will get there and wear them again, but I’m just not quite ready yet.

I’m even wearing my Grandma’s ring today, which I used to wear a lot, but of course, my fingers got too fat and I stopped, so I’m very pleased with this.

It’s amazing how fast this diet works and I am just so happy I took the plunge to start it after thinking how will I stick to it as my will power was non existent before LL and it’s amazing just how strong you can be when you see results happening.

I can’t believe that I’m nearly finishing my 10th week, it has just flown past. When I started LL the 100 days seemed an age away and here I am, nearly 70 days in already.

I do know now that I will be carrying on with the abstinence after the 100 days and I hope I can get to goal before Christmas. That would be fantastic as I have the most horrendous photo of me from last New Years Eve, which really should have made me go on a diet when I first saw it, but I know you have to be in the right frame of mind for this and back then, I wasn’t.

So, loads of good things happening at the moment, lets hope they keep happening…..

1 comment:

Lesley said...

Fab photos - I'm in love with Barney....I may have to steal him...

You look and sound happy happy happy and I'm really pleased for you. It takes me back to how I felt at around the stage you're at now - you've still got a way to go but you know you're going to do it and the only way is up.

Keep it up and this Christmas could be your happiest ever!!

Lesley xx