Monday 9 July 2007

9th July 2007 – Day 47

Had a good weekend as Saturday we were out and about for most of the day as we had to hire some roller things to move a friend’s shed, which was really heavy and the only place they had them was in Reading. So off we went down the M4, my bottles of water at the ready. We got to the place in good time, picked up the roller things and then drove back home cross-country.

I’d not been to some of the places we went through and it was absolutely beautiful countryside, rolling hills, fields of poppies and stunning weather as the sun was shining. We decided to stop off at this garden centre we go to a few times a year, as it was sort of on the way back, which has the most fabulous farm shop, with P.Y.O. fruit and veg and a wonderful butcher & fish monger. They also have a restaurant, café & rare breed animals that you or the kids can pet. They have a Maize Maze as well, that is huge, but wasn’t quite ready, although it’s not far off, we may have to go back to get lost round it, we’ve only been to a Maize Maze once before, which wasn’t as big as this one and it was such great fun and yes, we did get lost!!

So we had a good old wander round the garden centre, then round the farm shop, with me looking at the fish & meat and thinking ‘I can have that when I’m eating again’. When I am eating again, I’m going to an organic butcher near Allan’s to get some really good quality meat.

Allan then had lunch in the café, which smelt gorgeous and he bought me a bottle of chilled, sparkling water and decided that as it was already about 2.30pm, we were still out & about and I hadn’t made up any crisps or biscuits to bring with me as I didn’t think we’d be that long, I’d have 3 food packs for dinner and just carry on drinking the water instead.

So when we eventually got home, I watched the Women’s Wimbledon final, whilst drinking water and Allan went off to move the shed. I then dug up one pot of potatoes that I’d been growing (I planted them before I started on LL). They looked lovely and I cooked some for Allan when he had his bbq in the evening. He said they tasted lovely.

I actually coped really well with only having my vanilla milkshake latte in the morning and when I’d finished all 3 food packs, I felt stuffed. I made crisps to go with my soup, and then made up lemon biscuits from a bar, it was lovely. Also, I actually drank 5 litres of water, which I normally struggle to do 4 on a weekend.

Sunday was quite a quiet day, we both slept in till gone 9am, which is unheard of for me as I’m definitely a morning person, although as soon as I woke up & saw the time, I was up and about, leaving Allan to sleep a bit more.

I had my vanilla latte again for breakfast (think I’m getting quite addicted to these), a soup for lunch & then made crisps for dinner (I’m also loving these and I normally have them with a savour drink).

We also went out on our walk, which I’ve said about below, which was beautiful. We do need to do some walking without Barney though (or take Barney on a small walk, take him back home & then go out on a longer one by ourselves).

The only downside to the weekend was when I was leaving Allan’s to go back home. He said something, which really annoyed me (I seem to be a bit touchy at the moment, could be something to do with the diet or it’s probably just me. I can never tell if it’s TOTM as I very rarely have them because I have Polycystic Ovary Syndrome, this is one reason why it’s so hard for me to lose weight on other diets, although I seem to be doing OK on this one). So we sort of had a mini row, well, not a row as sorts, more like me having a strop because of what he said, which he couldn’t see why it had annoyed me, but I think I made it clear to him why it had in the end. But then he didn’t even say sorry or give me a cuddle, which got me even more annoyed!! Men!! I then had a drive home thinking about this, but we were OK when I phoned him to let him know I was home OK and we did actually laugh about it.

The one good thing that came out of this though, I didn’t turn to food because I was feeling down. Well, to be honest, there’s hardly any food in the house for me to eat, unless I raid my sister’s food, which I wouldn’t do, although I have done this in the past when I was stressed/ down, or if they called to me from the cupboard!!

Anyway, I’m off out walking with my friend tonight, if the weather holds, if not, we’ll be doing exercises in her conservatory……

1 comment:

Lesley said...

Sounds like alovely weekend. Well done for staying strong and not turning to food either when you were hungry out and about or afteryour row-ette with A. That must be a change from previous behaviour??

Keep it up!

Lesley x