Tuesday 17 July 2007

17th July 2007 – Day 55

Still being very busy at work at the moment, but just got a bit of a breather to update the blog.

Sunday, I got a bit out of sink with my water, as we were getting Allan ready for his jaunt around the country this week and I only managed 3.5 litres of water. I’ve now got back on track and managed 5 litres yesterday and so far, I’m already up to 3.5 litres, so hopefully will do 5 by the end of the day.

Also, we didn’t do any walking at all. I find it all too easy to let the exercise slide, although I do really enjoy it, which I never used to, so that’s a first.

In the past, the only exercise that I used to enjoy was Ballroom & Latin American dancing and I suppose, as I enjoyed it, I didn’t class it as exercise. Sometimes I’d be going 3 times a week and on Fridays I’d be dancing for around 4 hours near enough non-stop. I was like a completely different person. Mind you, this was quite a few years ago, way before Strictly Come Dancing made it popular again, but I would love to get back into dancing. One day I may even get Allan to join me, stranger things have happened!!

I used to be pretty shy when I was younger (still am in a way), but I certainly wasn’t when I danced, because I knew I was good at it. I think it’s the same as when I’m in my LL class, I know I’m doing well, drinking all my water & not lapsing, so I’m not shy and I will speak out. I never used to at all in other slimming classes. But then that’s probably because they had such big classes and I never did that well on their diets.

Yesterday, Mum & I went for a really great walk round Denham Village & the golf course there. We were out for about an hour & 15 minutes and I saw bits of the village that I’d never seen before, which is amazing as I’ve lived in this area most of my life. We even found a public footpath, which we’d never noticed before, so decided to give it a go. In some parts it was like walking through a tunnel of trees and then it opened out onto a large playing field, which I didn’t know existed. It’s amazing how much more you notice when you’re walking. My friend & I have said this too, we’ve seen foxes that are so close to us and we also like looking in other people’s front gardens, we’re not nosey really!!!

Anyway, as it’s my 8th week, I have to have my blood pressure done, so I’m going straight from work to the chemist I went to last time. Hopefully it’s gone down to normal. Even if it hasn’t, I feel so much better in myself.

Oh, almost forgot, I did try chocolate flavour crisps and yes, they did work, but weren’t as nice as the savoury ones. Also, I think I put a bit too much fruits of the forest water flavouring in the mixture as it was so sweet. Don’t think I’ll be trying them again though, but it wasn’t a complete disaster like I had with the stuffing, at least I could eat them!

1 comment:

Lesley said...

Yay! Another convert to the walking and exercising thing! It's great isn't it and releases natural seratonins so you genuinely feel better too?!!

Keep it up and may you discover new things about your area for a long time to come.

The dancing sounds very professional. I'd love to give it a go but need a willing partner. Can't see my unreconstructed Irish husband going for it!!

Good luck

Lesley x