Thursday 28 June 2007

27th June 2007 Day 35, Part 2 – 5th Weigh-In

Just a quick update on how the class went last night.

Our normal counsellor wasn’t there so we had a locum, who was also doing the Lighter Life diet and had just become a locum. She was lovely and we didn’t really learn much in the class this week, but the group seemed to bond well.

A couple of the group were quite down as one member had lost 2.44lbs and the other less then a pound. The whole group rallied round to cheer them up and to get them to look at what they’ve achieved so far. We also seemed to talk a lot more this week, not just about the diet, but about the support we’re getting at home and I was quite surprised that the two who were down, hardly get any support at all. So, this makes their achievement even more admiral. One lady was even talking about giving up. I think we’d talked her round by the end of the evening and I hope she won’t.

We have lost one member of the group though, it’s nothing to do with the diet, she’d just found out that she’s pregnant, and so the group were really happy and not disheartened.

Anyway, down to the important bit; I was convinced I’d only lost a pound because I hadn’t done any walking this week, but I’d lost 3.08lbs, which is now a total of 25.74lbs. I now have 2.5lbs to go until I reach the 2 stone mark. I just hope I can do this by next week. I’m off out walking tomorrow with my Mum as my friend has gone on holiday……I have to keep up with the exercise.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello Amanda,

Well done with the weight loss last night, and also congratulation on resisting the popcorn, it must have taken great will power not to pop it into your mouth, something you never used to have.

I am looking forward to the walk tonight, hope the sun stays shining.

love Mum
xxxxxx