Monday 4 June 2007

4th June 2007 – Day 12 – Week 2

Well, that’s another weekend over and this was quite a hard one for me, as the weather was beautiful and it was BBQ time (my first one since being on Lighter Life and quite a large BBQ at that as Allan had his family down for the weekend). Unfortunately, I absolutely love BBQ’s, so I did find it quite difficult, but I thought of myself being slim and dug deep to strengthen my will power and again had my sparkling water in a wine glass, while they were having their lamb kebabs and then had my soup while they were tucking into their steak & salad. When they had strawberries & cream for pudding, I had my fruit bar and I felt really proud of myself for sticking to it.

On Sunday afternoon, when the family had left, we’d been invited to a neighbour’s birthday party, which had loads of buffet food laid on. Normally, I would have gone up a couple of times and not necessarily fill my plate, as I always felt self-conscious that people would look at my size and then at how much I’d put on my plate, but I would have gone up at least a couple of times. This time though, I stuck to just my sparkling water and had my soup when I got home and just enjoyed chatting in the garden with everyone in the sunshine.

So, all in all, quite a hard week food wise, but I got through it OK and felt proud of myself. I just wish I’d found this diet earlier – if I’d found it at the beginning of last year, I would hopefully have been slim for my friends wedding where I was her bridesmaid, or if I’d found it at the beginning of this year, I may have been able to have a little of the BBQ. Oh well, I just have to stick to what I’m doing now and think, I WILL be slim.

My friend and I have decided to go walking or aqua aerobics tonight, depending on the weather, which I’m really looking forward to. I have to start upping my steps as we were given a pedometer in our class last week and I’ve only managed to reach the 10,000 step goal on Saturday, I must improve on this.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Well done for sticking to you new way of eating over the weekend, it is always hard when eating with family and friends.

Good luck at the weigh in on Wednesday.

love mum

Amanda said...

Thanks for the that Mum, the comments are great as I know that someones keeping an eye on me, so I'll stay on track.

Love Amanda
xx