Thursday 7 June 2007

6th June 2007 – Day 14 – Week 2 Weigh In


Well, I had my second weigh-in and I’m very happy as I lost 5.6lbs, which now means I’ve lost 14.8lbs, just over a stone in 2 weeks!!

I was a little apprehensive going to my class, as after the large weight loss last week, I thought that this time it would be quite small and I was thinking that after all my hard work over the week, what with a BBQ and a buffet to contend with, and my experience with other diets, I was imagining I’d only lose one or two pounds. So I was absolutely ecstatic with the 5.6lbs and I was bouncing around like a looney when I realised I’d actually lost a stone.

I think now the hard work really kicks in, as I’ve had two really good losses, so it’s bound to slow down now. I just have to keep focussed and think, “I’m going to be slim”. I did try on a pair of jeans after my weigh-in that had been hanging on my bedroom door for the best part of a year, with all the labels still on as I couldn’t do them up. Now, I can fit into them, OK, they’re still a tad tight, but I can do them up, so hopefully it won’t be long until I’m wearing them.

This week in our class we had three new ladies join us, so now our class is complete and no one else can join us. I think we have a good little group and I’m sure we’ll all be supporting each other.

Our homework for this week is to write ourselves a letter to say how we’ll look after ourselves over the coming year etc. So, I think I’ll sit down at the weekend to do this, I’m not normally one for doing homework, but I’m so committed to this diet I will be doing all the homework given to us, to the best of my ability.

When I got home from work today, I decided to plant up my little vegetable patch. I found it quite hard work as it made my legs ache and I got out of breath and normally I would have given up, have a sit down and probably eaten something nice and naughty. I didn’t though as I kept telling myself to not give up, carry on and think of the exercise your getting. I did carry on and felt a real sense of achievement when the ground had been raked and all my seeds had been planted & labelled. I do think to myself, “Why on earth am I growing vegetables that I can’t eat!” but if they do come up (and that’s a big if as I haven’t had much luck with growing seeds), they’ll hopefully be ready for when I’m on Maintenance, so I can have fresh vegetables straight from the garden. Well, that’s the idea anyway!!

Last time I left you, my friend and I were going walking, so we set off last Monday and did a really good 45 minute round trip with gentle slopes uphill. It was great as I never normally go walking much and I felt really good afterwards. We’re off again on Thursday (weather permitting) and going to make it an hour walk this time. Hopefully we’ll be able to build these walks up to steeper slopes over the weeks.

Well, I think that’s it, so bye for now.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your weight loss this week, keep up the good work it will all be worth it in the end.

All this exercise is bound to help with weight loss and stamina.

I will keep an eye on your veg patch on Saturday, did you remember to sprinkle some slug pellets round.

love Mum