Friday 1 June 2007

31st May 2007 – Day 8

In our class last night we were given a recipe sheet so we can do things with our food packs, instead of having just shakes & soups. One recipe was to make a muffin – great I thought and decided to use my last food pack of the day (the chocolate one) and have a go. I mixed it all up in a ramekin dish and put it in the microwave for a minute as the recipe said. It started to rise lovely, then, in the blink of an eye it collapsed, and I still had about 20 seconds to go. I opened the door anyway, as I didn’t want it being burnt to a crisp and there was this stodgy looking brown lump in the bottom of the dish looking up at me. I decided to give it a go anyway and tasted a bit. It was quite chewy and not altogether unpleasant, so I decided to mix some of the St. Clements drink powder into it to sweeten it up a bit, then sat down to enjoy my so called muffin. It had more of the consistency of a fudge brownie, so wasn’t as bad as it looked. I think I need a bit more practice, so I will give it another go, I may even try a cheesecake recipe………I’ll let you know.
Bye for now.....

No comments: