Saturday 16 June 2007

16th June 2007 - Day 24

Yesterday, I really notice the difference in myself since I've started this diet.

At the moment I'm working as a temp and have to take my time sheet down to the agency each Friday. This normally involves a 20-25 minute walk, which would make my feet hurt, my back would really ache and I'd be really out of breath and hot and in the end I'd started to drive down as I couldn't be bothered to walk.

Last Friday though I set off at a brisk pace and was there and back in 15 minutes, without any back ache or aching feet and I enjoyed it. I was so pleased that my back didn't ache anymore.

This morning we were up early as we had to take Barney, a Bernese Mountain Dog, swimming. He goes to a hydrotherapy pool as he has arthritis and elbow displasia, so he can't walk that far. He's also been on a diet and has lost quiet a bit of weight, which helps his joints. Anyway, he did so well at swimming and we really enjoyed encouraging him, as he can easily get distracted by the other dogs. The photo of Barney was taken a while ago now, as he doesn't need the harness anymore, but I forgot to take a picture of him this morning, he's not actually swimming here, he's in the jacuzzi, which he loves (yes, he's a pampered dog, but so lovable).

The diet has been going great today. I've tried a bit of experimenting and made lemon biscuits from one of the bars, which were great and will definitely try those again. Then for dinner I tried to make the stuffing from a mushroom food pack, to go with my vegetable soup. I really disliked the stuffing, it was absolutely foul and I could only eat a small amount of it. Oh well, that's the only experiment that I haven't liked yet, as I have now got the hang of making the muffins. I've still got one more food pack for pudding, so it'll take away the awful taste of the stuffing.

Well, I think thats it and Allan & Barney are dancing round the living room, so I think I'll join them.

Bye for now.....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The exercise of walking is really paying off, as you have more stamina now. Dont forget, it you cant walk with Nick, let me know and I will walk with you.

love mum
xxxxxx