Thursday 14 June 2007

13.06.07 Day 21 – Week Three Weigh-In


The day of my 3rd weigh-in and to be honest, even though I’d stuck to the diet rigidly without deviating one bit, I didn’t feel like I’d lost anything. I can’t see a difference in my clothes, like I had the first couple of weeks, even though the girls at work are saying my t-shirts are looking baggier.

This is probably just me expecting too much, so when I went to be weighed, I was quite expecting to have only lost a 1lb. So I was really surprised when she said I’d lost 4.62lbs, which now takes my total up to 18.7lbs. I’m now nearly 2lbs off 1½ stone, this is the most I’ve lost on other diets, which took me at least 5 months to do.

This really is a very simple diet as you don’t have to worry about what food you’re having as long as you have your four food packs a day and drink at least 4 litres of water (I’m actually trying to do 5 litres, which I’m not struggling with at all).

Saying that, I haven’t been out to any restaurants yet, so I don’t know how I’ll cope with that, but going by what I’ve read on other people’s LighterLife blogs, you can get round it quite easily, hopefully, I’ll be able to as well. I do find it a little difficult at weekends when Allan is having a BBQ or nice dinner, but I’m so determined not to try anything as it really motivates me when I see the weight coming off.

Last weekend I even got Allan to try a piece of corn fed chicken (as this is what I want to try when I can eventually eat something again). He cooked it on the BBQ and I sat there with my soup and was asking him “What does it taste like?”, “Is it different to normal chicken” etc., I really didn’t want to try any; I just wanted to know what it’s like.

I seem to have a fascination with watching cookery programmes and reading recipes, but I’m not the only one, as it seems quite a few in our group are like that as well!

I’m persevering with trying to make the muffins from the milkshakes, and they’re getting much better. Last night I had a vanilla one where I put some of the Fruits of the Forest flavouring into the water I mixed it all up in. It actually tasted more like a little cake this time (albeit quite a flat cake, but I think this is normal) and was really nice. Think I’ll be experimenting a lot more now. One of the girls in my group said she’d made the stuffing and had it with her chicken soup, so I might give that a go too, I’ll keep you informed of how I get on.

Bye for now.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Keep up the good work, dont forget £10 M & S voucher for each stone lost.

Love Mum
xxxx