Monday 25 June 2007

25th June 2007 Day 33

Another weekend gone and this one went really well again. We actually went out for a meal with some of Allan’s family on Saturday evening, this is the first time I’ve eaten out since starting Lighter Life. When we booked the table I got Allan to say that there was one of the parties on a strict diet and asked if it was OK if I could be provided with a bowl of hot water. They were more than happy with this.

I didn’t take a food pack with me, I took two of the savoury drink mixes instead, as I found these mixed easier, but I had made lemon biscuits out of the bar to have when they had desserts.

When we arrived I had a glass of sparkling water with ice, while the others chose their meals from the boards. One of them kept asking me if I was alright with them all eating and I said that it wasn’t a problem and don’t worry, just order what you want, I’m more then happy.

Not everyone had a starter, so that was OK and then when they brought out the main meals, they brought me a lovely soup bowl of freshly boiled water and a spoon, and I mixed up my savoury drink. I added some pepper and a couple of drops of Tabasco (which I’d never used before and it did give it a slight kick, so I’ll be getting some of this when I next pop to the shops). Everyone’s food looked fabulous and I kept asking how it tasted, not that I wanted any; I just like to know how it tastes.

I’ve been like this for a while now, as I’ve said in a previous post about getting Allan to try corn-fed chicken and then grilling him about how it tastes, watching cooking programmes and reading recipes, very strange, but it really isn’t worrying me, I’m not craving food at all. This is very unusual for me as with other diets I’ve craved for food and given in to the cravings.

Anyway, back to the meal, no one had dessert, which is quite unusual. I don’t know if this was my influence or because two of the party were quite light eaters. They just had coffee and then we went home. When I got back I had my Thai Chili soup and ate my biscuits, which I love as they are so chewy.

It was a really nice evening and I was so please that I coped that well, as I was dreading my first time eating out.

This weekend we also finished off the raised bed that Allan built for me, where I’ll be growing vegetables and herbs. It felt a real achievement getting all the earth in and then planting the beans, tomato & chilli plant. I don’t know how well they’ll do as it’s quite late in the year, but I’m giving it a go. Next year I can be more organised with what’ll be grown there.

So, all in all a really good weekend, I didn’t get round to using the stretch band and DVD that we were given in class last week, but I will get round to using them.

I also went into Next at the weekend as I thought I’d try a smaller size in tops, although I’ve said to myself that I’m not buying anything yet until I’ve lost a lot more weight, unless I really have to that is.

Normally I wear size 20 on the top and a size 22 on the bottom, so I got an 18 in two different t-shirts and tried them on. The first was a bit tight, especially round the arms, but the small sleeves didn’t have any give in them whatsoever as it had a lot of stitching/ embroidery all over. The other one fitted great, although the sleeves were, still a little snug, but not like the first t-shirt. I felt really pleased with myself and noted that I have to do work on toning up my upper arms. I did however get a few more holes put into my belt now, so I don’t feel like my trousers are going to fall down on me!!

xx

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Keep up the good work. Have you tried your bands yet. Looking forward to the walk on Thursday. Hope the weather is dry.

Did you remember the slug pellets for the veg patch.

love Mum

Amanda said...

Hi Mum,

I still haven't tried my band yet, actually, I think I'll take it with me while I'm babysitting tonight.

I'm really looking forward to the walk too, we could go round the village and yes, I remembered the slug pellets

Love Amanda
xx