Thursday 9 August 2007

9th August 2007 – Day 78 – 11th Weigh In



Had another good class last night, but honestly can’t remember what we were supposed to be talking about and what chart needs to be filled out. I think we were all just talking too much, so I’ll have to read up in my green handbook what we should be doing.

I think it was something about what we’ve mastered in the past, so for me that would have been my dancing & cake decorating and that we have to master this diet and into the future, mastering management and getting back to food. My LLC did say that this could take around a year or so to do & she thinks she’s just getting there now!

I do realise though that management and keeping the weight off is going to be forever and I’ll have to be constantly vigilant. What the mastering means though is that our eating and what choices we make will hopefully become second nature, we won’t need to think about it, just like driving a car was one of the examples she gave as I don’t need to think about what to do to get from A to B, I just do it. Hope that makes sense. See, I was paying attention really.

Anyway, I lost another 2.86lbs, which gives a total of 47.3lbs in total. I am really pleased with this, but couldn’t help feeling just a tiny bit disappointed, as I’d upped my water intake to 5 litres or over every day bar one and at this rate I won’t get to my mini target of 4 stone by the 100 days.

I e-mailed my friend this morning, who I go walking with and her reply nearly made me cry, as she is talking a lot of sense. I should focus on what I’ve achieved and how I feel, compared to how I used to look & feel, she’s very wise I think…..

I’ve put these e-mails on my blog (I did check with her first to make sure it was OK), so that if I’m feeling a little low, or don’t get to my mini target, I can read this to remind me, this isn’t about mini targets, it’s about how I feel, which is so much better than before I started LL.

My e-mail to Nich.

I lost another 2.86lbs last night, which now takes me down to 14st 2lbs (or maybe 14st 2.5lbs depending on which chart you look at. My online weight converter says 14st 2lbs, so I'm going with that one).

Anyway, I'm 2lbs off 3.5 stone......YAY. At this rate though I won't get to my mini 4st target by the 100 days, fingers crossed I will, or at least I'll be very nearly there.

I know I won't be that disappointed if I don't (OK, maybe a little) because I think, on what other diet could I have lost nearly 4 stone in just over 3 months!!!!


Nich’s reply

You should absolutely NOT be disappointed if you don't reach 4 stone in 100 days!!! You have done fantastically well and should be really proud and pleased of how well you've done, not disappointed for not doing better!! Forgetting the weight, think about how you feel now and how you felt before - all that back ache and not being able to walk up stairs without getting our of breath! Your blood pressure is normal again and you are no longer morbidly obese!! Think about how you look (boobs and belly!!!) - they are now separate and not all merging as one!! and the fact that so many of your clothes are too big for you now!

I think we all forget too quickly how bad we felt and how much has been achieved...don't play down your achievement. You look fantastic now, and wearing make up again which you haven't done for ages. It's more important to focus on the fact that you look and feel better than focussing on not quite achieving the total weight loss you hoped to.



Anyway, onwards & downwards!

I can’t believe I’m now in my 12th week, next week at class our LLC will be taking our after photos, so I’ll make sure I wear something really flattering, put my make up on & wear my contacts. I know I have my own before photos, but I’ll be making every effort to look as good as possible.

Hope you all have good weeks and thank you to all the comments, they really do spur you on.

3 comments:

Lesley said...

What a great mate to have and how nice that she commited the good stuff to writing so she can never take it back!!!

It's all true and even I, who has never met you, can tell from your writing how much more bubbly and energetic you are now and how positive you are about the diet. I recognise so much of my journey in your posts.

I really hope that you reach your mini target but don't be disappointed if you don't because you look great and you'll get there sooner or later anyway. What's a couple of weeks in the great scheme of things? Absolutely nothing!

Keep it up.

Lesley x

Guinea said...

Your friend is smart.

As you said, you know how you should be feeling about your weightloss. I have set myself a strict timeline and recently it's not been working out as my weightloss has slowed. I am disapponted by this, but like yourself can see that the weight is still coming off and I'm getting healthier by the day.

Mrs said...

Hi Amanda

I've finally read all your blog! Well done! Now I can really understand the process you have gone through. Well done and focus on what you have achieved (and will still achieve).

Nich sounds like a wonderful friend.

One question I have is - if you don't mind answering (totally understand if you do) is what is your weight history? You've talked about other diets, etc.

What do you think has made the difference this time?

Anyway, have a good week ahead and keep doing what you're doing because it's working!

Take care.

Mrs Lxxxx