Wednesday 8 August 2007

8th August 2007 – Day 77

Yesterday at work it was a bit manic and was the first time I struggled with my water intake at work. This was due to being in meetings a lot longer than expected. I’m not normally in meetings but I could be starting a new role within the university, so there were lots of discussions. I did do my 4 litres though.

I’m still not that clear of what exactly this involves, so hopefully I’ll be finding this out soon as I’m going to make a point of sitting down and going through what they want me to do. I was worrying about it a bit last night as I was thinking, can I do this, as most of what they were saying went right over my head. I was even dreaming about it, and I very rarely dream about work.

This involved lots of walking backwards & forwards from office to office and up 5 flights of stairs twice. I was determined not to use the lift. I did get quite puffed out though by the time I got to the 3rd floor, so had a little breather and set off again. I was very pleased with myself though as I didn’t use the lift. You never know, I may be running up all 5 flights of stairs without getting out of breath, although if I did this I will probably be falling up them quite often as I did this morning. My toe is still throbbing!!

The one thing I am looking forward to though is that we have to organise a reception to say thanks to everyone who’s helped over the months (even though I was only brought in yesterday, so know nothing). I love to organise things like parties, weekends away in cottages. I think my ideal job would be a party/ wedding planner as I always like to have a project to work on.

Last night, after work, Nich & I went off to the cinema to see Hairspray. It was such an excellent film, but then again, we both love musicals and the music & singing was great. John Travolta was absolutely fabulous as a woman!! We both took our bottles of water and I had my lemon bar to munch on while she had her slimfast bar. Before the film we walked round the shopping centre, mooching in the shops, which I haven’t done for ages. I kept looking at clothes & thinking, would these look good on me? I’ve still resisted the urge to buy anything yet.

I had my pedometer on yesterday (I’ve been a bit lax in wearing it lately), and actually walking wise, even though I was in meetings & sitting in the cinema, I did over 8,500 steps, so was really pleased.

On Monday, Nich & I did the new walking route, which she & her husband had found a little while ago. It was a really good long walk with a few more hills (not hills like Lesley does mind you) and we were out for over an hour. We could really feel it in our legs when we’d finished.

Hopefully I’m out walking tonight with Mum before weigh-in later. I say hopefully as I’ve got to go and pay for our trip to Disneyland Paris (I’m very excited as only 3 more months to we go). Fingers crossed this doesn’t take long & I can go off walking.

3 comments:

Lesley said...

I've just noticed that you and I are the same age. There seem to be quite a few of us around this age - presumably it's a trigger time - "God I can't get to 40 looking like this and what if I want kids??!" etc etc

Anyway, you're doing fantastically well and I can see you really suceeding big style before the year is out. Great stuff.

Lesley x

Mrs said...

Hi Amanda

The photos are LOVELY! Well done! Really well done!!

And hope the new job is a good thing...if you want it!

Sorry it has taken me so long to get commenting again; I've really appreciated yours on mine, as it were!

Take care.

Mrs Lxxxxx

Unknown said...

Dont let the new job get to you, everything seems strange and complicated at first, then after a few weeks it all clicks into place and seems much easier.

All you need is some proper instructions as to what they expect you to do.

love Mum
xxxxxxx