Monday 13 August 2007

13th August 2007 – Day 82

My 38GG hanging basket!!


Well, that’s another weekend gone, why do they just fly by when the week drags, oh well. As you can see by the photos, I got round to doing my hanging basket, what do you think?

Had a really nice weekend, although I didn’t do much walking, well apart from the normal wandering round shops & things. I didn’t make a point of getting up for my early morning walk with a little jogging (on last weekends walk I could do a bit more jogging), so I must make the effort next weekend.

On our wander round some shops I popped into Next, just to have a look round, I still wasn’t going to buy anything. Anyway, before I started LL I used to pop in there to try & find something to wear, which was pretty hard and I always thought people were looking at me thinking ‘What’s she doing in here, she’s far too fat for these clothes’ things like that, don’t know if anyone else thought the same? Actually, looking back on it, I felt the same in whatever clothes shop I went in. Anyway, I had my wander round and as I was walking out, it hit me, I hadn’t had that feeling that people were looking at me, I wasn’t too fat for these clothes anymore and it was SUCH a great feeling!

In the evening we were off to the pub for a meal with friends, so as normal, I got Allan to check to make sure it was OK for me to bring my food & if they can provide me with a bowl of hot water, which they were perfectly happy to do. I’d made my crisps, & had my savoury drinks with me & as I knew our friends & Allan would have a pudding I’d did my lemon biscuits.

I made a real effort to look good, I find I’m doing this more & more when I go out now. In the past, if we were off to the pub for a meal, I’d probably have still gone in my normal jeans & t-shirt. I wouldn’t have bothered too much with my hair, still worn my glasses & only had a bit of mascara on. But Saturday, I planned my outfit. I wore my black Monsoon trousers (that the lady from my class gave me, actually everything I wore that night was from her). These were the ones that were a bit snug when I first tried them on, but now they fit great. I also wore a gorgeous top & my sparkly sandals, with a heel (I’ve worn flats for so long now, it felt a bit strange) that my feet were too wide for a while ago. I felt really great and Allan said I looked really, really good. I felt a little dressed up when our friends husband arrived in shorts & t-shirt, but actually, I didn’t care, I was just so pleased that I looked good. I haven’t felt that way about myself for a long time.

It was a lovely pub; the food looked & smelt great and again I really didn’t feel deprived that I wasn’t having any. When they had their main course, the waiter brought out a lovely soup bowl of hot water on a plate, so it blended in with the other dishes on the table (hope that makes sense,) and I had my crisps & savoury drink. The puddings looked lovely too but again, I didn’t feel the need to have any, although I knew what I would have gone for if I was eating; a chocolate fudge brownie thing with chocolate sauce & ice cream mmmmm, which Allan had and looked lovely. I had my lemon biscuits and they were so lovely & chewy that the others had finished their desserts while I was still munching through them.

Sunday, we didn’t really do that much, had a nice lazy day. We did go up to Barbury Castle in the morning and wandered round a little. I made my hanging basket and then we decided to have a drive round the countryside trying to find pubs in the area that did good food. This was because the pub we were originally going to go to on Saturday was fully booked, so we had to find somewhere else, which obviously we did, but Allan had a complete blank on other pubs in the area.

It was a lovely afternoon and the countryside was gorgeous, we went through Avebury, Marlborough and loads of little villages that I can’t remember the names of. Found a few nice pubs and got their cards for our notice board, so hopefully we now won’t be stuck for a place to go.

This morning I was up and out to check on my little vegetable garden, which needs a good weed, so I’ll be doing that this evening, before my walk with Nich. I picked some French Beans and some Petit Pois pods, which I’m now freezing for when I’m back to eating again. Allan & Mum have already had some, so I thought I’d freeze them for myself now. I also noticed I have a few cucumbers growing, but I haven’t quite got the hang of my courgettes. My yellow cherry tomatoes & strawberries are lovely though.

Everything seems to be growing fine, so hopefully I’ll be digging up carrots, spring onions, beetroot & leeks in the not too distant future. Again, Mum & Allan will have some & I’ll freeze some for myself.

Tonight I’ve also got to have my blood pressure check again so I shall report on what it is tomorrow.

Anyway, think that’s enough waffling for now, hope you all had a good weekend.

5 comments:

Lesley said...

All your "waffling" is very telling - you're happy and active and doing really well! It's great to read and I'm really pleased fro you.

It is uncanny how you're feeling the same things I felt at similar times in the diet - I remember that pleasure in dressing up and looking good too. I too don;t care if I'm more dressed up than the other person. in fact, she may have been thinking - "I wish I'd dressed up as Amamnda looks great"!!

Your drive sounds nice too - I wish we'd be a bit more organised as we quite often find ourselves stuck for inspriation about places to go - the card thing is a good tip.

Finally, I'm very jealous of your veggies. Next year I will plant up my herb bed (which is quite big) and make sure I have some homegrown salad stuff at least. I promise!!!

Conn76 said...

Hi there,

Thank you for your comment on my blog. I went for my first meeting today - so I have filled the fridge with water and colour coded my food packs! I'm really excited about starting this now - and can't wait to be as far along the line as you. It is great to get the support from those who have been through it and those currently going through it!

Cheers,

Liz

Lesley said...

BTW - Love the hanging basket and Barney in a bra is hilarious - must annoy my dog by dressing her up more!!

Lesley x

Jen said...

Hi Amanda

Thanks so much for your comment. It's really encouraging getting so much support. I think things like that will keep me going!

I've read your recent post and can only say congratulations for getting so far. Your friend is absolutely right, you've achieved so much and shouldn't be disheartened. I only hope I can do as well.

Thanks again
Jen xx

Lesley said...

Good luck to you too!! Not that you need it you abstinent girl you!

Lesley x