Monday 6 August 2007

6th August 2007 – Day 75






Here are my 3 stone photos. When I'd loaded these onto my computer, I had a look back at my first pictures before I started LL and I couldn't believe how fat I was. I can really see the difference now.

I had a really good time yesterday at my parents BBQ. Everyone said how good/ well I was looking and were asking me loads of questions about LL, which made me feel great. One of them had already heard of LL as a colleague of theirs was on it and had lost quite a lot of weight.

My family & family friends hadn’t actually seen me since New Year’s Eve/ beginning of the year which I mentioned in my previous post, so I was quite excited about what they’d say. Most of my friends see me regularly so it’s doesn’t have quite the same impact, although my friend Nich, who I go walking with & who’s in the photos of us larking around in the previous post, always says how great I’m looking & thank you for that Nich.

I’d already planned my outfit to show me looking my slimmest, but due to the weather being so hot I didn’t wear it. Although I do admit, the t-shirt I did wear was actually a size 16, which I was amazed at; this is the one in my 3 stone photos. I’d done my hair nice, put my contact lenses in and took particular care over my make-up, as I really wanted to look my best and it also made me feel really good too.

I’d already made two packs of soup into crisps in the morning to take with me, I had two savoury drinks sachets & a lemon bar to have, which I put in the freezer when I got to Mum & Dad’s. I know you’re not supposed to cook two food packs in the one day, but I knew there’d be loads of food & nibbles and I thought two lots of crisps would last me the evening, which they did.

I really didn’t have a problem with all the food and I kept busy topping up the crisps & peanuts and this time I didn’t mind if food was put near me. I just savoured the smells of all the food. While the nibbles were out I had some of my crisps in a pretty little bowl and ate these slowly when they had sausages & little chicken bits. Then I had my two savoury drinks in a soup bowl, with more crisps while they had their main meat course. My Dad did try one of my crisps, but I don’t think he liked it that much, I think their great though.

I was really pleased with myself when they had pudding, which consisted of loads of strawberries with warm dipping chocolate (the one from the M&S advert). One bowl of chocolate was quite near me, which smelt absolutely divine but I really didn’t have the urge to have any; it just didn’t cross my mind and as we were going home this suddenly occurred to me; this was chocolate & I didn’t want it!! I must be a reformed chocoholic or at least getting there!! I think I was too busy taking photos of everyone and I’d completely forgotten that I had my pudding till Mum reminded me. I had loads of sparkling water throughout the evening and I didn’t feel hungry at all. So a great time was had by all.

Nich & I had good fun on our walk last Thursday, as I think you might be able to tell. We don’t normally do this on our walks by the way, just thought I’d put that straight. There weren’t that many children around either, but I did notice one woman giving us strange looks, we didn’t care though, we were having fun. We didn’t do quite as much walking as normal; but when we eventually got back to walking we did keep our speed up for the rest of the walk. I think we’ll be making up for that tonight though as we’re trying out a new route.

I forgot to take the clothes that the lady in my LL class gave me, round to my friends, but I did try them on for Allan, who amazingly thought they looked really good. I said amazingly as I was sure he wouldn’t like them; so there you go, men can surprise you sometimes, doesn’t happen very often.

Nich also gave me a couple of t-shirts, one a size 18 & one a 16, both of which fit me now. I think I may have to re-visit my size 16 tops & try them on to see if any others fit me, as when I was sorting them out, I just put them straight into the drawer without trying. At this rate, I may well be down to my goal of a size 12, how fabulous would that be!!!

3 comments:

Lesley said...

My God! I just had a quick peek at your starting photos and you can really see massive changes can't you? Your arms are in a totally different place!! They hang down straight and everything!!

Well done on coping with the barbeque - you're doing really wel. Allan and your family must be really proud of you.

How is Allan taking it given that he has a bit of weight on him, hasn't he? I know men can be a bit 'funny' about these things!

Lesley x

Amanda said...

Hi Lesley,

I could really see the difference myself this time too. I look like Violet Beauregarde from Charlie & the Chocolate Factory after she's swollen up like a blueberry!!!

Allan has a lot of weight on him, but he's still eating loads & not cutting down yet. I really hope he does, but I know that no amount of saying/ nagging will make him do it, he has to want to do it. I know because my Mum was trying to get me to diet for years and I took no notice.

What Mrs L said in her blog about the 8 stone chasm made me think and I think I'll have to talk this through with him. He's been OK so far though.

Thanks for the comments, they are really appreciated.

Amanda x

Unknown said...

Well done, you are really looking so good and happy.

Glad you enjoyed the BBQ.

love Mum
xxxxxx