Thursday 16 August 2007

15th August 2007 – Day 85 – 12th Weigh In


Had an OK weight loss last night as I’d lost 2.42lbs (total 49.72lbs & I'm now 14 stone, so hopefully I'll be 13 stone something next week!!), so I wasn’t disappointed as I’ve now lost a total of 3.5 stone and my BMI is now 34.8, so it’s all good. Funnily enough, all the ladies in the class had a bit of a low loss this week, I blame the weather!! Also, I didn’t drink as much water this week as I normally do; I’d only done 5 litres on 1 day. I think I’ll be trying to get back to drinking 5 litres most days this week.

I’ve still got to the 31st August till my 100 days, so including today, I’ve got 16 days to get near to the 4 stone (notice I wrote near, I’m not focussing so much on actually reaching 4 stone now).

I also thought back to what Nich had written last week when I was a bit disappointed, so focussed on how far I’d come and how much better I feel about myself; the most important of which was that I actually like what I see now in the mirror.

We also had my after photo taken last night, and yes, I did have my little fashion show of tops for Mum and we’d decided on the slinkiest. I hope it shows up in the photos, which we get given next week. I was thinking about getting measured again as I only do this every month, so I should of had it done last night; but thought I’d leave it till next week instead.

One lovely surprise was that the lady who joined LL to lose weight to get married came back to see us, she’d only been back in the country for a few days so was a bit jet lagged. She’s now at her goal weight, so will be going into Management, whilst the rest of us are joining Development. She did say how much she wants to stick with our group and not join other people, which I think goes to show how much we’ve bonded as a group, we all get on so well. Anyway, she’d also brought in her photos from her wedding in Jamaica. She looked absolutely stunning, and the place looked gorgeous. She did so well too and only put on 1 pound with 3 weeks away, so there’s hope for us all……

This morning when I got up, I decided to go through my wardrobe for my smaller sized jeans. My size 22s were getting so baggy now and not just around my waist; they’re baggy round my bum & thighs!! So, I dug out my old jeans that had dust on them as they hadn’t been worn for over 4 years. I know this because I last wore my black ones when I first met Allan, which is nearly 4½ years ago. These are a size 18 (well, they actually say 16, but I bought them in the US, so really they’re an 18) and they all fitted fantastically, apart from the green pair, which are a tad tight, so hopefully I’ll be in these in a few weeks time. This means I’ve dropped 2 dress sizes, how fab is that!! I’ll now be getting my big jeans washed & ready to give to my friend, although I am keeping one pair to remind me of what size I got too and to shame me into not doing it again.

I’ve decided that I must do my walking at weekends and not be lazy like I was last weekend. I don’t think we have that much planned, so I think I’ll extend my walk to go a lot further round the village & I’ll do a bit more jogging too.

There’s a show on the BBC at 7pm called The One Show and last night they had a report claiming that walking actually burns more fat than jogging. They did this experiment with identical twins, who weighed the same, where they had to wear this apparatus & mask, which took all sorts of readings. Then one had to jog & the other had to walk for one mile. When the readings came back the jogging burnt off more carbohydrate, but the walking actually burnt off more fat!! Anyway, the link is here if anyone is interested.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/theoneshow/article/2007/08/mm_walking.shtml

Mum & I went off walking last night and as Allan had popped in on his way home, I roped him in too. He did enjoy it, although he wasn’t dressed for it, as he still had his shirt & office trousers on, but he’d hurt his ankle last month and it started to hurt again during the walk. So we had to cut our walk short and I’ve told him he must go to the doctors to get it sorted out.

Tonight, I’m off walking again with Nich and I think we’ll probably try our long route again.
I've just noticed something with my ticker, I've now got 10lbs to go and I'll be half way there.....!!

2 comments:

Lesley said...

That's a great result - 3 and 1/2 stone and still a couple of weeks to go before your 100 days is up!!

I really think walking or jogging has been key to my weight loss. I walk every day when I'm not running so I hope I cover boths bases. I hope it helps going forward too.

Keep it up Amanda - you're doing really well.

CAn't wait to see the next piccies when you've lost 4 stone!

Lesley x

Jen said...

Thanks for your tip about the vanilla shakes and coffee. I've got some left so I might give that a go before I go back for my stop-in session tomorrow (at which point I can do a bit of a swap-shop with the flavours).

Congratulations on your latest weigh-in. 3 and a half stone is a fantastic result!! Keep up the good work.

Jen x