Monday 20 August 2007

20th August 2007 – Day 89

Had quite a good weekend, apart from the weather as it was really cold, wet & miserable, although I did managed to drag myself out of bed on Saturday for my walk/ learn to jog at 7.30am!! Sunday I didn’t bother as it was just too wet, so had a lie in instead.

On my walk round on Saturday, I did manage a bit more jogging than the time before, but I really can’t get my breathing right. I start off taking deep breaths in through my nose & out through my mouth, but very quickly I completely forget and I’m gasping for breath!! Think I’m going to have a look up on the internet to see if there’s a guide to jogging in easy steps!!

Didn’t really do much this weekend though, apart from wandering round Wickes & B&Q twice on Saturday, Screwfix on Saturday & Sunday and Wickes again on Sunday. Now I must assure you I really don’t have a fetish for hanging round DIY shops, although I think my other half does, especially after this weekend!!

Allan did actually have a purpose for going, although I don’t think we quite needed to go to all of them, it’s definitely a man thing!! He did need to replace a valve in the water tank in the loft, then decided he wanted a push button flush for the toilet. The only reason why I went to B&Q the second time was that they had a toilet as by then he’d broken the flush unit, I was then subjected to the joys of Wickes again. Oh what fun I had…….

Anyway, this weekend I actually did some cooking, it was no nouvelle cuisine mind you. I’ve been sort of avoiding doing this since starting LL, which for me was quite easy as I don’t have children and Allan fends for himself at weekends. But I thought I’d cook for him as he’d been working really hard and he’d probably be spending most of Sunday doing it too (which he did). I was actually really looking forward to it and made him jacket potatoes, which I hollowed out into a bowl, added bacon, mushroom, sweetcorn & spring onion (which I’d already cooked, apart from the spring onion), mixed it all together with half-fat crème fraiche (I was quite amazed he’d agreed to this as he wanted full fat cream), then put the mixture back into the jackets, sprinkled with grated cheese & popped it under the grill. It looked lovely and he really enjoyed it.

Sunday, I cooked roast lamb, with rosemary & garlic, roasted some vegetables and potatoes. I did try a tiny piece of lamb, which, if I say so myself, tasted fabulous (this could be because I’ve only had food packs, so anything could taste fab at the moment) but it was really tender and moist. I’d never cooked lamb before so was really pleased with my efforts and Allan finished off the whole lot (it was only a tiny bit of lamb, not a huge joint).

One other thing that came out at the weekend was that he was saying how well I’ve be doing on LL, but he didn’t think he could commit to this sort of diet due to his work. He has to travel up & down the country a lot and couldn’t commit to going to a class on a set night in the week, as he wouldn’t know where he’ll be from one week to the next. I did say about cutting down though and drinking more water and coming out walking with me (when his ankle is better). So, it looks like he has been thinking about losing some weight, which is what I really hope he does, not for looks as that doesn’t worry me, but for his health. So, I maybe getting there with him, slowly but surely......a mini breakthrough!!

Last Thursday, my friend gave me a fabulous present for getting to 3.5 stone, which was put to use straight away, but she also did this fab sign, which she stuck to the pressie bag. If I get the chance I’ll scan this in so I can put it on here, it did make me laugh. I have it stuck on my fridge at the moment and it makes me smile every time I pass it.

She also gave me a pair of her jeans that she didn’t want anymore that had patterns embroidered with sequins on them. I’ve never had a pair of sparkly jeans before, I just normally went for the basic, stretchy ones from M&S but these are lovely. Anyway, they’re a size 16, which I thought I’d be able to wear in a couple of months time, seeing as I’d only just got into my size 18 pair. Well, I tried them on and I could get them done up (without having to lie on the bed), OK, they were tight round the bum & legs, but I think I’d be able to wear them in about 3 weeks time, good job I didn’t put them away for a few months.

2 comments:

Lesley said...

That's brilliant about the size 16's nearly fitting. You must feel great. I did the putting clothes away trick a couple of times and didn't try things until it was almost too late to wear them so well done you for trying anyway.

Also good news about Alan thinking about cutting down. If he wanted to go the whole hog he could always look at Cambridge Diet as their counsellors are more flexible and they don't have set classes. Just a thought.

I think D will do something about his weight when I'm back to cooking and can make some delicious low fat meals - at the moment he's frying everything!! Of course, if he just gave up Guinness or cut back dramatically it would fall off him! Exercise would be a good start too!! Men eh?!

Mrs said...

Hi Amanda

You are doing REALLY well and it's encouraging for me - even at RtM stage - to see someone so positive and still succeeding. Your weight loss is FANTASTIC!

Keep up the good work and lead by example!!

Big kiss.

Mrs Lxxxxx