Monday 22 October 2007

22nd October 2007 – Day 152

Well, had my first full week at my new job, which has gone really well. There was a temp here to show me the ropes for most of the week, and I seem to pick things up very quickly. I am here on my own now and all is well. The guys here seem really lovely (yes, I work in a company full of blokes!!)

So, I’m now starting my second week……

Anyway, back to the diet, had my weigh-in last Tuesday, which didn’t go well as I had my first gain - yes, still the nibbling at weekends, still trying to combat them. I keep trying and actually took a bit of bread out of my mouth at the weekend (yes, I know it’s disgusting, but I suppose I didn’t swallow it!!) I did do a bit of nibbling this weekend, but hopefully not as bad as last weekend.

The gain was only about ¼ lb, but that’s not the point, it’s still a gain, so have to try and get myself on track. I think now I have to work a day at a time, especially at weekends and try to get through these without picking.

The other thing I’ve noticed, since I’ve started this job is that I haven’t been drinking enough water. I’ve been managing the 4 litres, but that’s about it. When I was working in my old job, I’d got into a routine and could easily manage 5.5 to 6 litres a day. I suppose I’ll get there with my routine again, but it’ll take time. I couldn’t even make it up the water drinking at the weekend as I rushed off on Friday leaving my flavourings at work. I was so annoyed at myself, but there was nothing I could do as I was already on the motorway before I realised. I did just about get the 4 litres in, but it was a real struggle.

I have however managed to do more walking as I make sure I walk every lunchtime for at least ½ to ¾ of an hour, plus I did walking Thursday evening with Nich.

This weekend was good, we took Barney swimming and then I was helping Allan with the deck, it’s still not finished but is getting there. He was cutting the curve over the pond and spent ages making up jigs & templates and then finally set to work cutting the deck. It looks great and we’re really pleased with it and now I can’t wait for him to put the little LED lights round the edge.

I did do some cooking, even though I swore I wasn’t going to this weekend end as I wanted to use up the apples, so made Apple Crump from the recipe from the show on ITV – Britain’s Best Dish. It was so easy to make and I did decide to try a taster and it was delish, Allan and his Mum loved it and said I can make this again anytime. If I do make it again, I will have to make sure I won’t have some as I’ve already tried it the once.

So, once again I’m hoping I haven’t ruined this week’s dieting with my nibbling and I wish I can get back to how determined I was at the start of LL. Don’t get me wrong, I’m still very, very determined, but I want to get back to not even trying/ tasting anything, so I can get to my goal as quickly as possible.

Nearly forgot, good news, the car seems to working again after being in the garage 3 times last week, they seem to have solved the problems.....eventually....YAY.

Anyway, I hope you all had a good weekend. I haven’t had a chance to catch up on your blogs yet as I was busy helping Al, but I’ll try throughout the week.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am sure that now you are on your own at the new job you will easily get into a routine with your water, and be able to keep up the intake.

With the water and extra walking you should soon loose weight, if not this week then next week.

Keep up the good work, keep focused.

love Mum
xxxxxx

Mrs said...

Dear Amanda

Finally made time to catch up. WOW! WOW!WOW!

You are doing really well; lovely pics of Harry, the deck and Barney. The deck is seriously impressive.

Hope the new job is going well; know just what you mean about water. I went back to my old job today and drank so much tea but very little water.

Keep going; try to get the nibbling under control because it will be harder and harder as you progress. I speak as someone who gave in!!!

Well done, Amanda.

Big kiss.

Mrs Lxxxxxxxxxx