Friday 12 October 2007

12th October 2007 – Day 142

Introducting Harry




I got my car back evening, so now safe to drive around again and I can drive down to Allan’s after work today.

Well, it’s my last day here in this job and I probably won’t be able to post as much after this weekend – until I get used/ suss out the new place that is. I’ve bought lots of cakes for the girls in the office and for myself I’ve cut up one of the cranberry & raspberry crunch bars into little pieces and treated myself to a bottle of sparkling water. As Allan said last night when I told him ‘I really know how to live it up!!’ I certainly won’t be eating any of the cakes though and for me, sparkling water is a treat as I only have this when we go out as then it’s something different.

I’m a bit sad to be leaving as the girls here are so lovely and I’m also a bit apprehensive about starting a new job, but, there was no security in being a temp and there didn’t look like there’d be any chance of being made permanent as the university are cutting back and not taking on anyone at the moment. I know my boss would have made me permanent like a shot if she could, so that’s really nice to know.

The other night little Harry cat had to go to the vets to have his annual jabs & check over, which he got a clean bill of health. The vet then told us we have to start to clean his teeth at least once a week!!!!! Not with just the dentistix things that they chew on, but with some solution & a toothbrush!!!!!

Well, we decided to give it a go last night, so I was holding him on the kitchen worktop, trying to prise his mouth open. For a little thing, they can really clamp their jaws together!! My sister had the job of trying to clean his teeth with the toothbrush, which is huge for a little mouth, but has a very long handle – I suppose to keep your hand away from a biting cat.

Harry really wasn’t going to play ball though, don’t blame him to be honest. He’s a little old boy & to suddenly have this brush thrust in his mouth whilst being held down isn’t much fun.

So, we tried, but failed miserably and Harry was very quick to scarper out the house in case we came at him again. I really don’t know how we’re going to be able to do this every week. I think he might have to have the dentistix things everyday instead.

1 comment:

Lesley said...

Harry's gorgeous and I don;t blame him for not wanting you lot sticking great big brushes in his mouth!! I think plenty of dentisitx might be the answer!!

Well done on the farewell cakes - keep it up!

Lesley x