Monday 1 October 2007

1st October 2007 – Day 131

Had a lovely day on Friday, as it was a day off and after the week I’d had, it was well needed. Had a little lie-in, well, I was still out of the house by 7.30am to drop my time-sheet into the agency and then have a quick recki on where I was having my interview in the afternoon. Found it OK and then went home, where I set about cleaning the kitchen, then had my breakfast of a vanilla milkshake with coffee, which I have every day as I love them, never thought I’d say that about diet food, but I do.

The night before my friend who was now back from Los Angeles & Las Vegas, so we went out for our walking. Anyway, she gave me some clothes which she didn’t want anymore and there were two fabulous suits (one of which I wore to my interview) & some lovely trousers. The best bit though was when I got home I started to try them on and to be honest, didn’t think they’d fit as looked so small and some of the trousers were a size 14!!!!! But they did, I was so amazed and absolutely ecstatic, I can’t remember I’d worn that size, especially trousers.

It’s funny but I still see myself as big, I know my stomach is a lot flatter, hips smaller & boobs definitely a lot smaller, but I still see myself as wide.

Anyway, the interview went really well, it seemed such a lovely company to work for and the 2 guys that interviewed me were really nice & friendly. I went out of there feeling very positive, happy & I was smiling on the journey all the way down to Allan’s.

I didn’t think about the interview too much over the weekend as I didn’t want to get my hopes up too much (going by my track record in interviews lately), they also had a couple more people to see, and Allan & I were also busy with building the decking over the pond.

The deck has gone down brilliantly, it’s not finished yet, but Allan & I are so pleased with it. It’s definitely been worth the 3 year wait. I have taken some photos, but forgot to download/ reduce the size to put on here, I’ll try & do that at the weekend as I seem to be lacking in photos lately.

On Sunday, when we’d packed up for the day I got the garden chair out, put it on the deck and sat there reading my book, with my bottle of water and wrapped up in a blanket as it was freezing!!! I couldn’t stay out there too long as I just got so cold (I seem to be really feeling the cold lately), but I was determined to sit on the deck…..

Anyway, had a good weekend, I cut up one of my bars so that if I had the nibbles they were there waiting, although admittedly I did nibble a little as I was cooking for Allan (lunch & dinner, on both days). No excuse really, but at least it wasn’t as bad as last weekend, so a bit of an improvement. I had said to myself that after last weekends nibbling when cooking that I wouldn’t be cooking again, but he was working so hard and was so tired & achy in the evening that I thought it wasn’t really fair for him to then start cooking. When the deck has finished, I will not do anymore cooking, but I really must get my act together over this nibbling!!!

1 comment:

Lesley said...

Wowsers! Size 14!! That's fantastic - you must be so proud. Keep it up and skinniness will be yours.

Thanks for your kind comment - you're right - this is the rest of my life so the odd bad patch is to be expected. It's minimising damage and enjoying the good times. Learning learning learning.

Well done you.

Lesley x