Wednesday 10 October 2007

10th October 2007 – Day 140 – 20th Weigh-In


It was a day of good news & bad news yesterday.

Had a disaster in the afternoon but thankfully not diet wise, the problem was with the car. When I was driving home at lunchtime I kept getting a warning light flashing at me & it felt like the car was going to cut out on me as soon as I took my foot of the accelerator. When I eventually got home I looked up what the warning light was – failure of the injection system and then phoned the garage. He said to take it down straight away and they’ll do a check on it.

Well, I was sitting there for about 2 hours, with no water, but thank god I’d stuffed one of the bars in my bag before I rushed out again, which I could nibble on as the waiting room had biscuits, coffee, chocolate & juice, but no water!!! I’d also forgotten to take a bottle of water with me, so really didn’t drink much yesterday at all.

Eventually the man came to give me the bad news & the head gasket has gone/ going, which needs sorting out urgently as I couldn’t drive the car much as it could go at anytime and is going to be very costly. So, my little car is in the garage this morning and hopefully I’ll be getting it back on Friday, if not, he’s going to sort me out a courtesy car for the weekend.

The good news is, I lost 6.38lbs (total 75.92lbs) and now weigh 12stone 2lbs. I couldn’t believe it. Unfortunately I couldn’t stay to class as my Mum came over straight from work to take me to be weighed & pick up my food. I think she was just as amazed as I was at how much I’d lost. That’s my biggest loss, apart from the first week that I’ve had since I started LL.

It has spurred me on again though to control my nibbling at the weekends as it really goes to show that if I don’t nibble, the weight will hopefully come off faster. I know that’s not always the case as your body does strange things like holding onto water and stuff like that, but if I keep saying it, I’ll hopefully curb the nibbling/ picking.

2 comments:

Guinea said...

I've just been catching up on your posts, well done on your huge loss. Your pictures look great too. On top of all that you got a new job. You must be feeling on top of the world.

Oh, and stay off the nibbles!

Lesley said...

What a great loss!! Shame about the car but sod that - the loss is what is important!!

Well done and keep it up.

Lesley x