Tuesday 29 May 2007

29th May 2007 - Day 6

It’s the day before my first weigh-in and I’m quite excited as I’ve stuck to the food packs and at least 4 litres of water a day. Well, apart from Sunday when Allan & I went to the cinema to see Pirates of the Caribbean 3, which we thought was great by the way. The only problem was, as it was such a long film (nearly 3 hours), I didn’t want to be running to the loo every ½ hour (didn’t think the other cinema goers would be happy about that), so I didn’t drink too much before hand. After the film I drank water like crazy to try to make it up but I could only manage 3 litres, it could have been worse I suppose.

Anyway, the Chinese meal round our friends went really well. I took my Thai Chili soup, which I love, a chocolate milkshake and a bottle of sparkling water with me and they were all really supportive, not offering me anything and to be honest, I really didn’t feel tempted. I had my soup in a bowl and used a teaspoon and I alternated soup with a sip of water (out of a wine glass, so it felt like I was joining in) and I took so long that they finished their meal the same time I finished mine.

I think I’m in Ketosis now as I don’t feel hungry, but I do have the downside of bad breath, which Allan pointed out to me yesterday. I think he was a little surprised by my reaction as I got quite excited saying ‘That’s great I must be in Ketosis’ and then had to explain all that to him. I’m now stocked up on fresh breath spray and mouthwash!!

Anyway, I’m sure my Counsellor will tell me if I am or not at the weigh-in……..I’ll let you know how I get on.

1 comment:

Mum said...

Hi Amanda, I have just read your diet diary and I wish you lots of love in your struggle to lose weight. Good luck for your first weigh in tonight.

lots of love Mum xxxxx