Monday 3 September 2007

3rd September 2007 – Day 103

I can’t believe I’ve now gone over 100 days, I didn’t think I’d make this with only one little slip up, I thought I’d be good for say a few weeks and as normal, with other diets, start to cheat, but I haven’t.

As I’m now in development and with no fixed date on when I’ll be joining Route to Management I thought I’d make little mini targets/ goals to aim for. I thought I’d do them for a month at a time and also achievable ones, so I don’t feel disappointed if I don’t reach them and if I do reach or surpass them, then that will encourage me to keep going.

So, here goes September’s list: -

* Stick to the LighterLife diet for the whole of September without any cheating whatsoever.

* To reach a total loss of 4 ½ stone by the end of this month.

* Drink at least 4 but preferably 5 litres of water a day.

* Keep up with the walking at least 3 times a week and do more exercise at home.


* Have my wardrobe sorted out with my smaller clothes and to have either given my friend or charity shop all my big clothes by the end of this month.

* Sort out all the junk that has accumulated in my car (and there is a lot) so I have a nice clean car. Also wash it more regularly (I can’t remember the last time I washed it).

* Do more housework, which will keep me active and not sitting around watching TV all the time.

These seem pretty achievable to me and they are not all diet orientated but things that need to be done, so I hope this will encourage me to get up off my not quite so fat backside.

I have already started on all of these, well, as yesterday I washed the car and no, the dirt wasn’t holding it together, it’s still standing and I’ve already started to de-clutter my whole bedroom & wardrobe.

This morning I got out my mini trampoline and was bouncing around for ages. I got it last year and only used it a few times and then I got too heavy for it, so it’s been sat in the garage ever since. I really enjoyed it and found it so much easier, so I’ll probably be bouncing when I go home for lunch and then again in the evenings.

My 100th day, last Friday, I had the day off as I had to wait in for the gas man as the meter needed changing, but he arrived pretty early, which left me with most the morning free. I went over to see Dad and to pick up my vehicle docs as someone reversed into my car and broke the number plate, luckily while I was still sitting in the car at the time and he’s going to pay for a new one. I then went down to Allan’s nice and early to miss the traffic.

We didn’t really do that much this weekend, but on Saturday we were out shopping and then had to measure out the deck frame to find out how much wood was needed In the evening we went up to Barbury Castle so Barney could have a little wander and sniff.

Sunday we took some friends who’d come down from Liverpool up to Barbury Castle again, can you tell this is one of our favourite places? I also took my kite up and spent quite a while flying this, it was such great fun and I did loads of running around to pick the kite off the floor and launch it again. I found the running much easier this time, so it must be starting to pay off!!

We then took them for a drive round the countryside and then it was back home for Sunday lunch, while I had my soup. I didn’t feel deprived although I was a little put out when a place wasn’t set for me as it was presumed I wouldn’t sit at the table with them. I feel it’s important to sit at a table normally and not to shut myself away, I didn’t want the food and sitting there with food in front of me wasn’t torture, I wanted to join in with the conversation instead of feeling excluded, which is what would have happened.

After lunch, instead of just flopping out in front of the TV, which is what would have happened in the past, Allan and I washed my car, which took quite a while as it hasn’t been washed for such a long time, definitely not this year. Next weekend we’re going to get some stronger shampoo as we couldn’t get all the sap resin off, so we’ll be washing cars again and polish it as well, it won’t know what’s hit it. Then the next job for my car is to sort it out and get rid of the junk that in there.

After this, we then did flop in front of the TV and watched a really good DVD called The Guardian about the US Coastguard Sea Rescue service. I also had a soup and then made coffee ice-cream, but I ate it straight away instead of putting it in the freezer and it was just like Angel Delight, fabulous. Lesley, I hope your ice cream turned out OK, if you tried it.

That’s about it I think, I’m off to do some work now and then catch up on every one else’s blogs. Hope you all had a good weekend.

2 comments:

Lesley said...

Hi there Amanda. I always end up with a big smile on my face after reading your blogs. We seem to enjoy similar things so maybe that's it. It's obvious that LL has kickstarted some sort of spring-cleaning feeling in your life what with all the de-cluttering and cleaning going on. It did something similar in mine and I have had major clear outs periodically throughout the last few months. It makes home a more pleasant and organised place to be in.

I've also noticed that I'm much more active and that seems to be the same for you. Some people seem to struggle with energy throughout but I'm pleased to see that that hasn't been a problem for us.

That's been part of the fun of the blackberry picking for me - omething new, something fun and "wholesome". Don't want to come across as all "Waltons" or anything but it's been great picking and cooking and ending up with good results.

Other possible projects for Christmas gifts or freezing could be - Sloe Gin, Elderberry and Almond tarts, Blackberry gin/vodka, elderberry and apple jelly. There's also plenty of pears, plums and damsons around now or soonish - there will probably be people around who'd let you have a pick at their trees if you ask around. Bottled pears, plums and damsons make lovely presents or compotes of the same. There are loads of recipes ideas on the internet if you Google them. Rivercottage.net is good for that sort of thing.

In fact - you've set me thinking about doing some baking for my Mum and Dad to put in their freezer. Dad loves tarts and crumbles but Mum is not so active any more - you've inspired me!

Keep it up.

Lesley x

Guinea said...

Well done on passing 100 days. It seemed like a big achievement when I passed it, so congratulations.

Good luck on your goals for the month. I've enver set myself monthly goals before, mine all seem far longer term. Maybe it's a good way to kick my lazy arse into gear...